This is the first new Dairy Free Since 03 recipe in years – five if you must know.
At this point, if I was a legit food blogger I would be writing about how my life has twisted and turned, or regale you with some long ass story about some dumb shit you don’t care about but fuck that.
Choose your own adventure cookies are versatile as fuck – go wild with those flavour combos. I just fling in whatever I have in the cupboard – last time I made these I used oats, sultanas, ground ginger and honey. I’ll stick some combo suggestions at the bottom
Makes 10-15 cookies depending on how much of a fat bastard you feel like being. I ain’t doing calories and shit any more because really, it’s cookies, who cares.
- 100g vitalite (or your dairy free butter sub of choice)
- 100g caster or soft light brown sugar (dealers choice)
- 45g golden syrup
- 150g self raising flour
- 50-100g fixings*/chunky bits of joy (chocolate chips, nuts, seeds, oats, sprinkles, whatever)
- 1tsp liquid favouring (vanilla, caramel, orange, almond, whatever – totes optional)
Preheat the oven to 180 and line a couple of baking trays with paper
Cream together vitalite and sugar then mix in the golden syrup and liquid flavour.
Add half the flour and combine, then add the fixings and rest of the flour and mix that shit up.
Ball or dollop the mix onto a lined baking tray, mix will make 10-15 cookies depending on how big you want ‘em.
Slap in the oven for 12 minutes turning half way. Leave to cool on the trays until cold then store in an air tight container or shovel them all into your mouth over a few brews like the goblin you are in your heart.
*100g is the top level you want to add or your cookies won’t be cookies no more, but adjust to your own preference
Here are some combos I enjoy, but they’re called choose your own adventure for a reason:
- 50g oats, 50g sultanas, 1tbsp honey, 1tsp ground ginger
- 50-100g chocolate chips of choice (depending on how chippy you want it) with either vanilla or caramel essence – get extra foodie and throw is a big pinch of sea salt, yeah I said it
- 20g cocoa powder, 100g chocolate chip mix
- 50g chopped walnuts, 50g chopped brazil nuts, 1tsp mixed spice
- 50g ground almonds, 50g glace cherries OR 80g glace cherries and 1tsp almond essence