Hey! So it has been a while since I last posted. I recently started working full time again so need meals that are delicious and speedy as hell because who wants to slave away over some grub when you’ve been out of the house for near on 12 hours?! This recipe is quick and oh so tasty. So don’t be freaking lazy and get that oven cranked up!
1 serving – approx 575 calories
- 1/3 cup wholemeal Couscous
- 100g Courgette (that’s zucchini to you international peeps!) – chopped into chunky pieces
- 100g Aubergine – chopped into chunky pieces
- 80g Baby Plum or Cherry Tomatoes – leave whole
- 80g Mushrooms – chopped into chunky pieces
- 1 Pepper (I usually use red or yellow) – cut into strips
- 1 Small Red Onion – diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves – diced
- 1tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- A handful of fresh basil – roughly chopped
Preheat your oven to 180oC and line a roasting tray with foil. In a bowl mix together all your chopped veg with the olive oil and a pinch of salt. Once they have a good covering throw in all in the roasting tray and put it in the middle shelf of the oven – set a timer for 30 minutes.
Put the lemon juice in a large serving bowl (and add some ground pepper if that is your thing) and set to one side. Chop up your basil so it is ready to go.
Once your veg is almost done cooking put your couscous on. It is best to refer to the instructions on the packet but the general rule of thumb is you use 1.5 times the amount of water as couscous. Once your couscous is adequately fluffy tip it into the bowl with the lemon juice and give it a good mix.
Take your veg out of the oven once your happy with it (I like mine to be a bit charred – especially the peppers) and mix in with the couscous. Finally add in your basil.
There you have it, an easy peasy tea that is damn tasty!